Patented by Cortez E. Peck of Beaumont, Texas August 29th,
1939, the bleeders were made by four different companies
from 1935 to 1941. They were made in a number of different styles, sizes and color patterns but they all had one common
Under the belly of the lure was a cavity covered by a metal plate. In the cavity a water soluble pellet was inserted that would bleed out as it was used. This simulated a wounded fish by bleeding a substance that would attract fish. The composition of the substance was never revealed but the tablets were thought to be some kind of dried fish powder.
Al lures come in an attractive wood presentation box, with a written history and a copy of the patent drawing.
Small Stand recommended
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE